Saturday, March 13, 2010

Who is the first brave soul to take on the challenge of getting into shape?

 MILE 23!


Welcome to our first blog with our goal of bringing good health to you and your family everyday!  We are here for you to help you quit smoking, achieve better nutrition and maintain weight management.  How you ask?  First, by giving you little tidbits to help you make the healthy changes in your lifestyle.   Secondly, for those of you who want the "meat and potatoes" and need the extra coaching, we can help you by taking our Kick Butt Bootcamp Smoking Cessation, Nutrition, and Weight Management programs.  Just let us know! 

As you can see, I posted a pic of myself, running my first Marathon last May!  This was at Mile 23! This is a perfect example of how much that our mind and body can stretch and achieve what we may have thought was impossible!  But let me tell yah, I have been running for 30 years, but never ran a Marathon.  Half Marathon, yes, but this was a goal that I have ALWAYS wanted to achieve, but was scared of not finishing.  A few of my brave neighbors joined me, and we began our journey. It took dedication, discipline, and desire.  Every Sunday for 4 months, we would hit the trails; following a Marathon training schedule.  It was brutal at times, and we had to focus.  There were times we didn't go out the night before, cut down on our "bad habits", we sacrificed!  But the result, was so incredible and I feel as though I achieved a milestone in my life.  At 40 years old, I did it!!!! The best part, I qualified for the Boston at 3:47... 

I have ran 2 Half Marathons recently, and my times are even better!  When you commit to yourself and know that it will payoff, your desire will kick in! Running isn't for everyone, but man, it sure gets your body in shape.  It changes everything about you and your mindset.  If you start out with a proper plan, you can do whatever you want ! And it is free!  No club memberships, the only cost,  shoes.  You can run wherever you want! 

Running, yes, is a major part of my life, and always will be.  When I lived in MI, I still ran all winter, and it felt GREAT! You just have to wear the right "gear". My intent is not to to "brag" about me and my race times, but I hope that I can instill a little bit of desire within you to find your own goal... what is it? And how can I help you?  

This last week, I have had two friends ask me for their help, they want to get out there, but are "frozen".. I don't think that it is an issue of being "lazy", I think that sometimes as peeps we overanalyze?  Instead of just "doing it" as Nike says, we worry, and have high expectations of ourselves... and are afraid of failing.  What holds you back? 



So, I thought that because bikini season is right around the corner, why not offer a "challenge" for those of you who want to start running, exercise, eat better, quit smoking, etc.   Our face book page is so awesome, and it is designed to be there for you!  Ask questions, crow about yourself, share, let's cheer each other on with our health goals.  

You have nothing to lose, but the old "unhealthy" you!  It is the "daily healthy habits" that you incorporate into your life that will make the change and you can pass that on to your family.  When you feel good about you, you are a better spouse, parent, daughter, son, sibling, friend,, etc, You get the picture right?  

Can't wait to hear all about your goals and who wants to take on the challenge. Even if you have never stepped foot in a pair of running shoes.. talk to us! Who is the first brave soul??? 









No comments: