Saturday, March 20, 2010

Foods to Help you "destress" and increase" your metabolism


Foods When You Are Stressed



When you are stressed, it is best to eat 1 cup of yogurt with a handful of nuts.. why?  Yogurt provides "lysine" and nuts provide "arginine". 



What NOT to do....

 

WE all love a Coke here and there;  but when we are under stress, research has found that if you drink more than 20 ounces of soda a day, you are three times more times likely to be depressed and anxious, compared with those who drink less. 


 Want to Increase Your Metabolism?



We all know that green tea is one of the best teas to drink to receive the benefits of "powerful" antioxidants".. but did you know that if you drink more than 690 mg per day, you may have a smaller waistline and lower BMI?  How you ask? Green Tea is full of one of the most powerful antioxidants, catechin.  This powerful ingredient will set your metabolism on fire!!  



WHAT NOT TO DO>> EAT NOTHING!  

Yeppers, although, we think, oh, we are so disciplined, and do not have to eat a thang... honey child..  got news for yah!  If you "starve" yourself, your body will naturally go into "survival mode" and will SLOW down your metabolism Therefore, you will NOT lose anything.. You need to rev up your metabolism with proteins and have a mini snack throughout the day..  Yogurt and nuts mid morning, and a boiled egg, or my fav. hummus and a veggie for a protein packed snack in the afternoon. 



Looks good!!! mmm, I think that I need to go to the store and stock up on yogurt, nuts, green tea, eggs, hummus and veggies! Want to join me?? 

Hope these help you, I have more tips for you this week!  Remember, exercising, eating right, are all apart of a making small changes in your lifestyle,, nothing to hard :)..  If you a smoker and want to quit,, we would love to help you quit!  You are SOO worth it!  Stay tuned for more tips for you smokers!

Let me know if you have a fav hummus!

3 comments:

Christal R. said...

Hi Patti!! So funny you mention all these things....cause for the past 4 weeks I have been going through a whole "body " change...and have done it doing exactly what you mentioned in your blog. I have been trying to boost my metabolisn my eating lots of fresh fruits & veggies, yogurt, nuts, love hummus, exercising at least 4 times a week...and of course, taking over 600 mg of herbal green tea extract a day with my vitamins. It's unbelievable how much energy I have, how many inches I've lost, and not to mention...shedding 15 pounds in the process!!! I am proof that what you have mentioned WORKS!!! Keep up the great work!

Patricia J said...

Christal, I am so excited and proud of you.. Holy smokes girl! Woww!! I can't wait to see you in a few months! You must become a fan, on Facebook too.. your story will help inspire and confirm to other peeps out there that it really isn't that difficult. We need to get back to the basics with our food, stop eating so much "processed food".. It is so true, that you will have more energy and lose weight, the "natural way".. Do you mind if I post your comment to our fan page? Laser Point Health Services? Love yah!!!

yourethebride said...

i love hummus!