Hello everyone! I know that this topic does not have a lot of impact on helping people to kick the habit... lol, well maybe it does.. Stress and anxiety do cause people to smoke, so maybe I am on to something! Eureka! But I do believe that "healthy" minds and spirits do contribute to a happy and good life. Which ultimately, can help you to stay away from those nasty health ailments and habits.
The older I get, the more that I think that I am getting wiser, and not to be so naive., and that is okay stick up for myself and what I believe in. If my feelings are hurt, then hey, I have a right to say so. I have no regret in making the right choices for myself and knowing what battles to fight. But how and when do you make amends and move on, once your heart has been broken?
And then, when you are searching for an answer, it appears out of no where! Have you ever heard of serendipity? Well, I had my dose of it yesterday; I happened to open up a book that I haven't read yet, and guess what page that I turned to? Yep, you got it.. "Reconciliation!" Could it be a sign? lol.
The difficult thing about reconciliation is that I am not a confrontational person, and hate it! But I did stick up for myself and do not regret it,, but is the underlying "stress" and "hurt" affecting my well being? Probably!
With this in mind, I love this quote that I read yesterday. "Two men can meet quicker than two mountains ever will". Sometimes when we have falling out with someone, reconciliation seems worlds apart and our pride gets in the way.. and the hurt....so what is better? If you are like me, you are probably pretty much an easy going person, and feels guilty when you express how you really feel, or to avoid confrontation, to go along with the other person. Easier to swallow your pride then to subject to it? But then the guilt and knowing that you are actually "cheating yourself", by not getting the cards onto the table.. and who knows where this can lead!
Thank God for Father Butters, he gave me the okay to feel what I was feeling and to handle the situation the way that I was. When I went to Reconciliation this Easter Season, my priest told me that it is okay that when people hurt you, that you do not have to have the same loving feelings as you did before, but you can be cordial, until your heart mends.. And, that sometimes it is a good lesson to someone to give them a consequence, not out of spite or anger, but yes, you were hurt.. you can still forgive them, but you don't have to go out of your way for them.
So, yes, our pride is at stake, but although we try to forget about our hurt and go on with our daily duties, deep down, boy does it eat away at you! This can cause stress and anxiety, which can lead to heart disease, and other bad things!
Guess that when someone hurts us, we have to think, okay, who and what is more important? YOU AND YOUR HEALTH! So, I think that if you are at peace with yourself and know that you did the best that you could have done to try to "reconcile", and that did not work, but now the person is trying to reconcile, but you are not ready.. that is okay! :),, I have learned that you can still over time get back to where you may have been before with this person, but on "your" terms, not theirs. You know what I am talking about, I don't know if it is because I am getting older, but I hear a voice inside of me, and am just going with it.. Nope, it isn't time to make a 100% reconciliation, but I will take the first step, and see where that leads me..
It doesn't mean that I am being prude, rude, stubborn, but maybe it is better for our well being to resolve issues when our body and soul are ready.. And that puts a message out there that you are not a person of whom can be easily taken advantage of.. I have learned that you can do this with grace, dignity, and in the long run, may eventually lead to a much better relationship,,, more trusting and you both have more respect for each other. Maybe it is because you have expressed how you feel non-verbally and on your own terms. kind of like Mother Nature stepping in. That is PRIDE!:)
Hope that this will help you, because I know that at one time or another, we all will have a monkey on our back. Life is too short :)) It is okay to take a "cool" off period and not "jump" back into the friendship/relationship on someone's terms or right away. Like my idol, Jim Morrisson, says, "Take it easy baby, love real slow, take it as it comes".. I like those words, take it one day at a time, and reconcile slowly to build the trust again and... to help you get that monkey off of your back!
Love yah guys! :))))) Would love to hear from you, how did you handle your monkey on your back?
Make sure to look out for those "serendipity" moments, they tend to happen when we need them the most in our lives. :)
Stay healthy! And don't forget to take a look at the "Golf4Her" link below, very cool clothes for the golfer!_



No comments:
Post a Comment